Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jambo!!!

The first thing that I must say, is that the weather is wonderful here in Tanzania. I was expecting it to be overwhelmingly hot, but to my pleasant surprise, it was lovely. Mosquitos are also not as big of a concern as I had previously thought, as I have multiple levels of protection from them and malaria. In order for me to catch malaria, four things would have to happen:
1) mosquitos would have to pass through the net on the windows
2) mosquitos would pass through the net on my bed
3) mosquitos would not mind the bug spray I use, and bite me anyway
4) I would have to forget to take my anti-malarial pills.

Needless to say, I am not overly concerned about catching malaria :)

My Swahili so far includes:

Jambo = Hello
Habari? = How are you?/What is the news?
Mzuri? = Fine/it is good
Asante = Thank you
kuku = chicken
pole pole = slowly slowly

I hope that it continues to grow.

1 comment: